Sunday, February 3, 2008

OHHHH...to customize


It's the marketing of the future! The business model that companies have to learn and love. In todays modern society a company that only gives you stock models and doesn't let you customize them is at a lost.
For me its hard to believe that I cant chose a product that offers me several different colors, sizes and even lets me put my own name or image on it. I have been looking around and some of the most popular customized products are:
  • Shoes
  • T-Shirts
  • Bags/Purses
  • Hats
If you havent lived the experience of customization you are missing out and I recommend you visit one of the following web pages:
  • nikeid.nike.com
  • customink.com
  • cafepress.com
  • wheelenvizio.com
These are some of the most popular ones but if you have a particular interest I can almost guarantee that you will find some web page that fits your needs.
I believe that just like I mentioned in my past blog this is all part of the new business trend of going online and how important it is for a companies future.

The bar has been set high and in a competitive market it is important that companies meet that bar and for our sake they raise it. Because as we know, the reason they are competing is for our attention. Nowadays we can decide what we ware and what it looks like, but what comes next?

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Just read your post and visited some of your links, I had no idea that there was a site where you can customize your own car...that is so awesome. I just customized a lexus but i think im going to have to save up for the next 10 years if i want to buy it.

Adam Saxe said...

Customizing products really is an contemporary trend. You have a good list of websites listed of companies which offer customizing services and there are so many more. However I wonder if the trend in being able to customize products will always carry such a price tag. I think currently it is seen as a flashier thing to do since they are able to charge you a bit more when you add your name on the side of a shoe...

Stephen said...

Personally, I love the idea of customization. In fact, I have created a whole bunch of t-shirt designs myself. Yet, I know the implications of the process. It either is cheap and poor quality, or it is quite expensive and good quality. I haven't bought custom tees for this reason. I crave for custom designed stuff. That is why I go to Target often so that I can see their selection of partially "custom" tees. I can't wait for the day where I can make my own shirt and have it printed for the same cost as any other mass-produced tee.