Monday, March 17, 2008

Don't need to "be" there


Brainstorming is the way in which most great ideas come to reality.
I have noticed in my classes that coming up with ideas in a group is extremely complicated and complex. However I have learned that it is the best way to generate creative tactics. The internet has provided us with thousands of tools that once again have proven to be a great help for businesses all over the world. Studies have shown that virtual brainstorming groups beat "physical" brainstorming groups every time.

Here is an example of a brainstorming session at Google I found:

I dont know if any of you have ever been involved in a brainstorming session but if you haven't done so yet I recommend you try it. I have not yet participated in a virtual brainstorming session but I cant imagine it being as chaotic as a "real" life one. This might be the reason for why virtual brainstorming sessions are more succesfull.
Virtual or not the ideas taht come from these sessions drive our worlds and this is why we should appreciate the work that is being done behind walls or a keyboard.


References:
The strange beauty of virtual teams
Working together...when apart

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I really like your video. It's ironic how it's not virtual brainstorming, and yet it's about Google, an online source. I don't think it really matters how people brainstorm, so long as they do it- the world will keep spinning. The internet provides us a tool to get even more perspectives and ideas that we would not have had ever before the internet's creation. Or, to be fair, it just speeds the process up a lot. No matter what, I believe virtual brainstorming will thrive in today's society.