Monday, April 14, 2008

Sorry I'm late...BRB

I know this doesnt usually happen readers, but worry not, I got my computer back. Let me tell you. life without it has been hell. As sad as that sounds I have become really dependant on my computer and the benefits it gives me. Thankfully this time I have a topic that relates to my dilema.
The last couple of semester for me at school have been all about what technologies have been out there and how they allow us to interact with one another.

Our western counterparts seem to have the technology fever even worst than we have. There is a novel that has been entirely writen on SMS, (for those of you who dont know, TEXT MESSAGES. This book has become a best seller in Japan and here

Sometimes text messages can evolve into amazing things such as a novel or even a world wide competition.
Look at this video and tell me what you think. It the world's fastes texter. AMAZING!!!



Sources:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/mobiles--handhelds/in-japan-cellular-storytelling-is-all-the-rage/2007/12/03/1196530522543.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is actually one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe this technology has come out already. We seem to be evolving so fast. We are so used to texting, I can’t even imagine this new form of communication to have such an impact so quickly, but I feel it will. Most of those messages sent with the new technology took only half the time compared to the world’s fastest texter. This is a very exciting innovation in mobile technology.

Katie said...

The sad thing about this video is that I used to be able to text message about as fast as that guy before I got the iPhone where I type a little bit slower due to the touch screen. On my old phone I could easily type a text and send it while driving without looking at my phone. Yes, I was a text addict. I went over my phone bill about 300 dollars per month for awhile and eventually had to go to the Cingular store and ask them to take all text messaging capabilities off of my phone.

Anyways, the new technology where you can simply talk into your phone as it transcribes it is amazing. It would save so much time. However, the problem that I see is that I often text because I am in a place where I cannot make a loud phone call. The new capabilities wouldn't really help me very much even though it is a really cool idea.