Monday, April 7, 2008

The new wave politicians

I have never been much of a political guy myself but living in D.C. has forced me to interact and see politics everywhere. This is 2008 and we are witnessing what is probably one of the most interesting presidential campaigns of all times.
This because of the circumstances that the US is going through. But from a technology point of view, I have noticed and many of you might have also, the Internet is a huge part of it. Every candidate has their own website and many of them even have streaming videos on them.

Here is a video you might enjoy, many of you might have seen it, if not, well here it is.


Its facinating to see how people need to adapt to our changes and learn our ways when my whole life I believed that I had to learn from what was happening already. Today it seems as if we are the new future, people that know how to work a computer and blog, express themselves.

The last thing i want to leave you with is this thought. The person who probably is designing these sites, and creating the videos and pictures is probably somebody my age (22) or not far from it, who never knew how much power comes with knowing how to upload a video.

Sources:
The selling of a president
How the web polarized politics

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I must say, this video you posted really was amazing. In fact, I'm going to steal it and put it on my blog. Sorry haha. Anyway- This video is a great example of what the Internet has done to revolutionize politics. Using the Internet, people can create and share this video to millions of people that are willing to watch it. This medium- consumer to millions of consumers (consumers being voters in this case) through such a medium is amazing to me.

The message in this video is powerfully conveyed and in a creative manner. This message is now going to be shared via my social network- social networking in action as you read this.

Jackie said...

I agree, the video you posted was extremely interesting and powerful. Although i do believe that you should not post your political beliefs on your personal profiles on social networking sites, i do think that the internet is a great medium for political candidates to get to their voters.

A|B said...

Jackie, this is are not my political views, this is just an example of a video that a musician decided to make for a politician.I would not put any beliefs and tendencies on the web. I believe this would only blur the line between personal and shared information